I loved Paris and I did do more there than just see the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame (previous posts). In fact, I was so constantly on-the-go that I ended up having to go to San Sebastian afterwards for some downtime on the beach – more on that later….
1,2 &3. Walking along the river Seine.
4. The Louvre. I have to admit something that I am a little sorry about… I did not enjoy the Louvre very much because of the hysterical people trying to get pictures of everything inside. They totally ruined my experience. I tried to overlook it but its not even like they were just taking pictures…they were completely oblivious to anything else around them, talking really loudly, and making ridiculous poses in front of the Mona Lisa that drove me crazy. They were, in a word, rude. HOWEVER, if I COULD overlook it, this place is amazing. I’ll try going back one day, but I got some good advice from a couple people who are from Paris about other museums to check out that they prefer more…to be fair they warned me about the Louvre before I went. Anyway, enough about that!
5. I forget the name of this garden but its right outside the Louvre.
6. Me relaxing by a big fountain after my Louvre ordeal.
7. Arch de Triumph: with only one car in the picture…don’t know how I managed that since it was really busy in the roundabout that goes around it.
8. The metro sign…another notable thing I was excited to see from back when I was really into art nouveau in design school.
9. Sacre Coure, a beautiful church in the Montmarte neighborhood.
10. Me posing on the carousel by Sacre Coure which was featured in the movie Amelie…or so my new friend Marion told me who was in Paris taking her cinema exams. Plus, I’m a dork and really like carousels.
11 & 12. The Moulin Rouge.
13. Me and Marion
14 & 15. Pics from the market close to my hostel.
16. Pere Lachaise cemetery where many celebrities are buried.
17. Jim Morrison’s grave.
18. Pic of the grave right next to Jim Morrison’s that had my name on it. I don’t really see my name that much and it kind of creepers me out. 🙂
19 & 20. Chopin’s grave
21. La Fontaine’s grave
22. Oscar Wilde’s grave which was by far the coolest looking one.
23. The backside of Oscar Wilde’s grave.
24. A piece of candy someone had stuck in the door of his gravestone. Don’t ask me why I find these things funny and want to take pictures of them, I just do.
25. Last but not least, the inside of one of the metro stops that was completely covered in copper. Really beautiful.
Posted from WordPress for Android